9th Biennial Seventh-day Adventist Business Teachers Conference
The 9th Biennial Seventh-day Adventist Business Teachers Conference will take place July 10-12, 2014 on the campus of Andrews University. SDA business teachers from around the world are invited to attend this three day conference to listen to colleagues as they share knowledge in their own areas of expertise.
Schedule of Events: Coming soon…
Accommodations: The School of Business Administration (SBA) will cover accommodation costs for the nights of Wednesday, July 9 through the morning of Sunday, July 13, for all SDA Business Faculty conference attendees who are willing to share a room. If the attendee wishes single occupancy or chooses to bring family members to the conference, the attendee will be asked to pay a portion of the room cost. Payment will be due at conference Registration on Thursday morning. Accommodations are located on campus for your convenience and should be booked through the SBA. Please notify us of your accommodation needs by April 30, 2014.
Meals: Most meals may be eaten in the Terrace Café here on campus at your own expense. The School of Business Administration will provide the following meals at no expense to SDA Business Faculty (plus family) attending the conference:
- Thursday, 6pm – Banquet, Chan Shun Hall Lobby
- Sabbath, 1pm – Potluck, Chan Shun Hall Lobby
Conference Registration Form: Download Form
Download the registration form and fill it out on your computer. You may then save the pdf to your computer’s hard drive and then attach it to an email for submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration forms due by April 30, 2014.
- Michael Cafferky, DBA, MDiv Read More
- “Being Adventist in Business: Is There a Distinct Difference?”
- Duane Covrig, PhD Read More
- “Moral Learning in Organizations: When Janitors Teach Their Bosses Ethics”
- Sara Kern, PhD, CPA, CFE Read More
- “The Justice for Fraud Victims Project: How to Develop a Class that Investigates White Collar Crime”
- Miroslav Kiš, PhD Read More
- Phylis Mansfield, PhD Read More
- “Applied Ethics: The Triple Bottom Line of Sustainability”
- Robin Sarkar, PhD Read More
- “Business Ethics in a Global Economy”
SBA Field Trip
- Three main stops:
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Willis Tower
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Chance to win a $25 gift card
- Submit your best picture from the day on the field trip
- A winner will be selected from submissions
- Refundable deposit at sign-up
- Ensures that people who sign-up get on the bus
- Deposit is $10
- Deposit will be given back to you on the bus, the morning of the field trip
- Excuse letters are available upon request for those students who have teachers who request one
- Letter available for pick up in Dean’s office suite (CSH201)
- Entrance fee to the Willis Tower is free; but lunch will not be provided.
- Please remember to bring money to purchase your own lunch
- Load bus at 8:00am and return to AU 6:30pm
- Sign-up in Dean’s Suite
- First come first serve
- Please bring your $10 deposit—cash or check
Co-curricular credit available | Available to business students only
Full-Time Positions Available
Monday, January 27, 3:30 – 3:15pm (CSH108)
Tuesday, January 28, 10:00 – 10:15am (CSH210)
School of Health Professions Career Fair
Monday, January 27, 10:30am – 2:00pm (HPAC)
Juniors, seniors, graduate, and alumni from Health Professions, Social Work, Chaplaincy, Communication/ Public Relations, and Business: You are invited to the Health Professions Annual Career Job Fair. Please bring your resume when you come to meet with prospective employers. Professional attire is highly recommended.
SBA Christmas Event
When: Tuesday, Dec 3, 12:30-3:00pm
Where: Chan Shun Hall Lobby
Hot Drinks, Prizes, Snacks, & More!
Kettering Health Network
Meet & Greet (Lunch provided)
Friday December 6, 2013, 12:30pm, Whirlpool Room
All business students (all majors, all classes) are welcome for this presentation and lunch.
Healthcare Leadership Internship
Friday December 6, 2013
Interviews: 9am-12pm Sign up in the dean’s office
Jon Larrabee, Vice President of Business Development, will be conducting interviews and speaking with students for the KHN 2014 summer internship program.
Interviews are for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, only.
Speaker: Danae Atkins, Senior HR Manager, LDP & Early Career Development, Whirlpool Corporation
SBA Assembly: Interview Skills
Tuesday, November 19, 11:30am
Co-Curricular Credit Available
School of Business Administration Career Fair
When: November 12
Location: Chan Shun Hall Lobby
If you are seeking full-time employment or a summer internship, the SBA Career Fair is the perfect opportunity to broaden your career options. A good, thorough job search takes planning and plenty of time. The sooner you start, the better your chances of success. Many recruiters fill their hiring quotas before the fall semester ends, so don’t be left behind!
Also, we will be creating a resume booklet of all Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate School of Business Administration students who are seeking jobs or internships which will be given to the Career Fair companies. To have your resume included in the booklet we will need your resume by November 6 for inclusion in this job fair guide. If you wish, you may have your resume reviewed by individuals recommended by the School of Business Administration.
Co-curricular credit is available for undergraduate students who attend the Career Fair.
Adventist Health System Informational Meeting – Business Leadership Internships & Residency Opportunities
November 11, 2013 2:00 – 3:00 pm Location: CSH208
No RSVP required. Snacks provided.
November 12, 2013 1:00 – 5:00 pm
November 13, 2013 8:00 – 12:00 pm
Sign up in the Dean’s Office suite (CSH201) for an interview timeslot. They are looking for Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management, and Information Systems majors.
The School of Business Administration is sponsoring an event where students and faculty can get a free chair massage by Ray McAllister, LMT.
Chan Shun Hall Lobby
Thursday, October 31, 1-4pm